Title: Missing My Graduation: A Bittersweet Reflection
Dear Diary,
Today was supposed to be my graduation day, but I find myself feeling a mix of emotions. I never thought I would be sad about missing this day, but here I am. To provide some context, I graduated with a Pharmacy degree in 2022, and today's ceremony is the one I couldn't attend. It's disheartening because I had been dreaming about this moment for years.
The journey to this point has been anything but smooth. Over the past five years, I experienced numerous mental breakdowns, panic attacks, and constant uncertainty about whether I would be able to complete my degree. Today was meant to be the day when all the hard work and struggles paid off.
There are several reasons why I made the decision not to attend the graduation ceremony. Firstly, there's my cumulative grade point average (CGPA), which stands at 2.98. As anyone from an Asian household can understand, failure is not easily accepted. When I realized that I hadn't achieved the GPA I desired, I was overwhelmed by panic. I even contemplated taking pills to end my life, but ultimately decided against it. (If you're interested, I can discuss this in more detail.)
I still haven't revealed my struggles to my parents. After careful consideration, I decided to attempt another semester to improve my CGPA from 2.98 to something closer to 3. It may not be exceptional, but considering the tremendous effort I've put into my studies, it will suffice. Pharmacy is a demanding field, unlike many other majors.
Consequently, I'm unable to obtain my transcript and, therefore, cannot attend the graduation ceremony.
The second reason behind my decision is financial. My family and I are currently facing financial hardships, and spending a significant amount of money on a single-day event feels impractical. I believe there are better uses for that money, which could contribute to our overall well-being.
However, in my defense, I am determined to celebrate my graduation someday. Maybe not today, but in the future, I plan to commemorate this achievement with the people who supported me through the challenging times, particularly my friends.
So, dear diary, will you congratulate me on my graduation?
Feel free to share your thoughts and well wishes in the comments below. Your support means a lot to me as I navigate through this phase of my life.


Comments
Post a Comment